Sunday, July 15, 2007

Redefining The Future #6


Inspired by a piece I saw on a website, I wanted to utilize the words on the page which are:
Decline & Doom are not inevitable
Survival is not inevitable either
Much of it has yet to be written
I thought this was perfect since it all has yet to be written...be present in the moment, don't be attached to the outcome. The spiral represents the constant flow of life.
I used modelling compound to create some texture and I painted the spiral gold.
The opposite page is a paper with a gold mesh ribbon. The words represent the whole idea of death and rebirth - a goddess card, Cerridwin that I picked earlier this week struggling to recreate my relationship:
With death comes
new life.
But don't we mourn the life lost?
Rebirth
leads to
Possibility
What of the King Stag when the
young stag
is Grown?
For I love the King Stag.
(a little props to the Mists of Avalon for inspiration)

No comments: