Friday, July 11, 2008

Creative Activity - Tarot Spread

Inquiry


Consider the following if you will…

Who/Where we are today is based on our thoughts, beliefs, actions choices from the past. If you notice that you are stuck in a pattern of financial instability for instance – chances are you can track the core belief back to something in your past – money causes problems, I don’t deserve it, I’ll never be rich, you have to work hard for money, etc.

If you are interested in changing your future, you need to start with your present. What thoughts, beliefs, actions, choices need to be looked at, etc. If I am going to transform my relationship around money – I have to give up those limiting beliefs from the past and change them into empowering beliefs for the future.

Also, in order to truly not be influenced by the past it is important to know where you want to be – not the how you’re going to get there. Chances are if we’re just walking aimlessly through life without any direction, it is difficult to come up with what specific changes in our present might make big changes in our future.

My Inspiration: Did you ever play the make a wish game when you happened to look at the clock and it was 11:11 or 3:33? Well, the other day, the clock said 4:44 and I thought, cool – make a wish…and nothing came! I thought for a moment about how lame that was that I couldn’t think of a single wish and how that should be something that I work on. The same day, about an hour later, I looked at the clock and it was 5:55. NOTHING! I said, okay. I need to know what I want!

In the always enlightening words of Yogi Berra:

“You’ve got to be careful if you don’t know where you’re going because you might not get there.”

Post comments, questions, affirmations, etc. in the comments section…

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Warm Up: Consider the following questions:

1. Where are you NOW?
2. What thoughts, beliefs actions, choices led you here? (this doesn’t have to be all negative – we are all powerful women who have accomplished miracles.)
3. *Where do you want to be? (body/health, education, living, relationship, career, spirituality, wealth, family, creativity, travel, fame, etc.)
4. What do you need to take on now; who do you need to be now; what beliefs, thoughts need to be changed in order to have what you want?

* Although this isn’t the creative activity – it would be extremely valuable to write up question #3 in narrative form in the present tense. “I run a successful holistic networking program”; “I have already completed my Masters in Interanational Studies at NYU”; “I earn $X per month selling my art on Etsy” Things like that. Keep it with you and read it every day.

Okay – Inspiration for the creative project: I really fell in love with the book Tarot in 10 Minutes, and there is a three card spread that represents the past, the present and the future. Although inspired by the Tarot, you don’t need to know anything about it for the activity (although if that would help you with it – I’ll include some info below).

The Activity:

Once you’ve answered the questions above, create your tarot spread (again, you can use the imagery of the Tarot only if so inspired).

The first card represents the past – where you’ve been, perhaps what you are letting go of or wish to let go of.

The third card represents your future – where are you going, what do you want to create.

The second card is your present. What you need to take on today to get where you want to go. Perhaps it also includes what you are actively letting go of or changing.

We will be creating a visual “tarot” spread representing the past, present and future. The visual medium is your choice – collage, painting, poetry, mixed media. (if you need definite directions to get started, do a collage). The size is unimportant – although inspired as tarot cards – 4x6 or 5x7 – but ultimately whatever calls to you.

Minimum Post: Your visual tarot spread with an artist statement

Additional Posts: The answers to the warm up questions and/or your question 3 narrative.

No comments: