Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tarot Spread - Past, Present & Future

The Past



I used a Georgia O'Keefe flower in each of my cards representing each stage. This flower is open, receptive, maybe a little naive, simple. Part of me longs for how open I was at one time, where I had less inhibitions (and yet sometimes more inhibitions) it is a weird dichotomy. I feel like I had a spiritual awakening - represented by the woman to the right - but I only allowed myself to go so far - there was a place where I cut myself off - also representative of the half of a face at the top right, hidden behind a wall (of my own creating). I also feel like my past has been defined by my various circles of friends - as represented by the image on the bottom left. Most times those circles of friends were postive, other times they weren't so positive. What I wish to let go of is the hiding, is of only going so far. I long for the reconnection of my powerful circle of friends and the openness that I once felt.


The Future



The next image I created was for the future (I saved the present for last to see what was needed.) I feel like this image is much stronger - more powerful. I chose a white rose as my flower (an abstraction) the petals are open, but firm - a confidence about where I have been and where I am going. To the right is an image of a spiral - representing the ongoing nature of my work, my family, my life. It is guided by the earth: by the moon at the top and calm water at the bottom and the image of the woman at the bottom left is one confident and secure, spiritually aware and a teacher - whole and complete.


The Present


In order to fulfill on my dreams for the future - I need to simplify my life and let go of all the garbage - this image is much simpler. I chose a firey flower to represent the passion I will embrace to bring into my life and fulfill my dreams - I want this to be the way that I live each day - and integrate that passion into every area of my life. Then the image to the left is represetative of balance - of which I need to create - instead of simply being a feather in the wind and the image to the right represents my desire to connect with others - especially other women and connect to the earth.

No comments: