Sunday, June 24, 2007

Redefining The Future #1




The title of the book that I am altering is "Redefining The Future" which seems to define the space that I am in right now. I feel like I'm at a crossroads and the goddess card Pele, representing Awakenings is what I needed to snap out of this fog that I have been walking in.



These first two pages set the state for the journey of redefining MY future.





This page is called Pieces which consists of 9 mirrors with one piece not quite aligned, which is where I am at - all my pieces not quite together. I used the mirrors so that I am always reflected (that's me in the picture!!) and reminded of my journey - but also so that others that are reading/looking at the book can join my journey too - and as evolved as we get, or that we are - I think everyone can relate to at least one piece being not quite aligned. I think the goal - instead of getting the pieces aligned - is simply being at peace (ha! I wrote piece instead!) with the fact that they might never be.





This page includes a quote from The Talmud:


"Every blade of grass has its Angel that bends over it and whispers 'grow, grow' ".

I absolutely love this quote and believe it truly, although I think most times I just can't (or won't) hear it...

No comments: